11/11/12

Grayer's Room & Four Month Update

Grayer had his four month check up this last week. We are a little late because of the mix up with the insurance, so he will probably have all his checkups a little late from now on. He weighed 14 pounds 15 ounces and was 26 inches long. His head was 16 1/2 inches. So he is 74th percentile for height and 34th for weight.



Here he is in his pink bumbo. He is such a cute and happy little buddy. I think he is starting to look more like daddy, too. But I still see a lot of Gilbert in him. He has Uncle Pete's fluffy hair.

I feel like I finally have his room pulled together. There are still a few things I would like to do with it but for the most part I think I am ready to call it complete. We have some antlers from a buck Kody shot shortly after we found out I was pregnant with Grayer and I would like to incorporate them in the room somehow. Also, I did not inherit my dad's great photography skills. Not for lack of trying on his part, but it is an art I have no talent in.











Kailee wanted pictures of her room taken too. And she wanted to be in them with her jammies and bedhead. Her room is far from finished.





All the furniture in her room is hand-me-downs that I have fixed up and made pretty. It makes her room more sentimental for me. The bookshelf was from Kody's Aunt's house. The bed and dresser belonged to my sister. And the vanity was mine growing up. Kody's Grandma recently gave us a little table that her dad made for her when she was a little girl. She had all of her tea parties on it. It needs a lot of sprucing up right now, but Kody and I are planning on repainting it and giving it to Kailee for Christmas. I love that Kailee can have all these things that belonged to people who love her.

She also inherited my dollhouse a while ago when Grandma June was cleaning out the toys at her house. I've had this dollhouse since I was really little and I loved playing in it. Of course I didn't actually do much playing like a normal child would- I just rearranged the furniture and designed other houses out of boxes and other random objects for the people to live in. I also followed a strict semi-annual cleaning schedule during which I would scrub the shingles and floors and make sure the dollhouse shined. So I must admit, it's kind of hard to let go and let Kailee do whatever she wants with it. I found myself telling her where each piece of furniture should be placed when we first gave it to her. Of course, she will not be told what to do, so I had to step back and let her do what she wants with it. I just hope she loves it as much as I did.



No comments: