My favorite thing to do at Christmas is go to the Nutcracker. The first year we were married, I mentioned to Kody that I had bought us tickets to it, and he wasn't too thrilled with that. But he didn't really have a choice in the matter, so he grudgingly attended with me, and was instantly captivated when one of the male dancers slipped and fell during an elaborate leap. Ever since that moment, he is happy to go with me, and so we went this year on the 23rd. We also went to the E*Trade holiday party at the Noah Building. That was a lot of fun and the building is really cool. There was an indoor skating rink on the roof that actually turned out to be a layer of bricks that had the hose turned on it and froze over, but it was still pretty neat.
On Christmas morning we surprised ourselves by waking up to open presents at 7 a.m. We had talked for weeks about how we weren't going to get up before 8. I guess we were just too excited to see what Santa brought us. Kody gave me some of the Just the Right Shoes I had been wanting, and a few of them were ones that had retired and I hadn't been able to find.
I was really excited about one he got me called Snow Queen, which was the holiday shoe back in 2004 and was produced in limited quantities. I'm not sure how he found it but I was very surprised and happy!
He also got me a gorgeous diamond bracelet. He spoils me way too much!
Here is Kody with some of his new Alabama apparel.
All he wanted was Alabama stuff and the Dark Knight. I love shopping for him because it's so easy.
2009 is here and we wish everyone a happy new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment